PDA

View Full Version : vortex viper

Pages : 1 [2]

eddiesindian
10-17-2018, 07:08 PM
Update. Buddies pst vortex was returned and replaced which is all good and dandy but when I found out that they accused the damage to t he scope to over torqued rings it didn't sit well with me. After reading your guys post? It's just verified what I think about vortex

geezerhood
01-30-2019, 01:49 PM
I just got a new 4-24x Strike Eagle. It had a big brightly colored tag on the tube warning about not tightening the rings over 18 inch pounds. It looks like this has been a repeating problem for them. I would think that the tube should be able to take at least 25 inch pounds without distorting to the point that it jams the mechanism. I suppose that 18" pounds with some powdered rosin would keep the scope from slipping on my magnums, (though I would not use a Chinese made Vortex on a heavy kicker) but I know it won't without the rosin with some rings.

As for the 4-24x Strike Eagle - It is for sure a great scope for the money as far as features, zoom range and clarity. I just need to remind myself to not use it for an activity or an event where scope failure could be big issue.