PDA

View Full Version : Model 25: M25 .223 firing pin spring

jumper
08-31-2018, 07:24 PM
I have a M25 in .223 that fails to fire. I pulled the bolt apart and found the spring in 3 pieces. A short piece with the tang to capture the cocking piece pin, something that looks like a washer and a longer piece of spring. My question is this, is the firing pin spring 1 piece or several. The thing that looks like a washer could be part of the spring. Also, who has them besides Savage?

Thanks,
Jumper

Szumi
09-29-2018, 06:37 PM
I have a M25 in .223 that fails to fire. I pulled the bolt apart and found the spring in 3 pieces. A short piece with the tang to capture the cocking piece pin, something that looks like a washer and a longer piece of spring. My question is this, is the firing pin spring 1 piece or several. The thing that looks like a washer could be part of the spring. Also, who has them besides Savage?

Thanks,
Jumper

Is your rifle new or used? I do not see a washer in my M25 that I bought a month ago new.

Picture of mine, sorry about cell phone quality.

https://www.garage-machinist.com/www/SavShooters/M25_Bolt_firing_pin.jpg

sharpshooter
09-29-2018, 10:30 PM
The one piece spring is what was originally used in the Edge/Axis rifles. After it was discovered that the tail of the spring would dig into the bolt assembly screw and cause the bolt to open by it self, it was replaced by the 3 piece version. The 3 piece version is now showing it's flaws of taking a set, because of the limited number of coils. Savage does have a replacement to correct the problem. Call them.