PDA

View Full Version : Savage Gunsmiths

BMEP
08-31-2018, 05:56 PM
Anyone know, or have experience, with a knowledgeable smith ? Looking for someone to evaluate and/or make recommendations on stock action and possibly bedding. Things are pretty good out of the box but improvements can always be made. Thanks.

RustyShackle
09-03-2018, 10:33 PM
We’re all Smith’s here? lol.

You might be able to find a forum member that’s close to you who wouldn’t mind helping, not sure exactly what you’re wanting. There is a plethora of information floating around this forum.

Robinhood
09-04-2018, 12:34 AM
We’re all Smith’s here? lol.

Savage-smiths that is! :p

JASmith
09-04-2018, 11:32 AM
Hey, my name is Smith and I have a Savage. Does that make ne a Savage-Smith too?

More seriously, most gunsmiths I have worked with have a limited reach for thsoe who are serious about details. One might be better served by doing a search on this and other forums about the choices of stocks and bedding.

Many of us are almost incorrigible DIY fanatics too. That means that some of the discussions here and elsewhere can help you with the DIY or ‘smith decision. Should comissioning a ‘smith still be preferred, one will be more knowledgeable about which questions need to be asked.