PDA

View Full Version : Waiting on Apache barrel

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6

BlueDog
10-24-2018, 08:06 PM
I hope yall get your money back or a product soon. I had to skip over him and ordered from x-caliber.

I hope so too! Day 494, nothing yet.

celltech
10-24-2018, 08:29 PM
From everything I have read the Apache dude is a nice guy and produces good work...when he produces anything. Seems like it is a crap shoot at best that you will ever receive a product. Why do people keep handing him money? Is his stuff really any better/cheaper than others???? He uses x-caliber blanks...just order from them.

snowgetter1
10-25-2018, 04:46 PM
From everything I have read the Apache dude is a nice guy and produces good work...when he produces anything. Seems like it is a crap shoot at best that you will ever receive a product. Why do people keep handing him money? Is his stuff really any better/cheaper than others???? He uses x-caliber blanks...just order from them.
I had ordered about 5 barrels from him no problem. Then I ordered a 22-250AI a couple of years ago and things went slow. Had trouble getting ahold of him, but he did deliver it in about 7-9 months. My mistake was wanting a second 22-250AI then he had a no charge muzzle threading sale and I am now into him for two more barrels. Over a year now and crickets. I should have seen it coming. Really don't know what to do at this point. Very sad someone takes your money but can't deliver or even respond to inquiries a year later.

Robinhood
10-25-2018, 08:56 PM
I have no idea if this is relevant. I have been told that the blanks coming from most manufacturers are iffy. One count was 1 in 5 are good enough for a precision build. The numbers are a little better with the biggest of the makers like Bartlein and Krieger. Fred had problems with suppliers( I don't know what that was about though) and has/had stopped doing any barrels unless the customer supplied it. Good luck guys and I hope you get your stuff soon.

oapstate
10-26-2018, 01:43 PM
I have no idea if this is relevant. I have been told that the blanks coming from most manufacturers are iffy. One count was 1 in 5 are good enough for a precision build. The numbers are a little better with the biggest of the makers like Bartlein and Krieger. Fred had problems with suppliers( I don't know what that was about though) and has/had stopped doing any barrels unless the customer supplied it. Good luck guys and I hope you get your stuff soon.

so that makes sense. the one time he did reply to me, he told me he had to send the blank back to xcaliber.

Mthomas90
10-26-2018, 08:38 PM
I got an email back finally.... an auto reply email saying he will be back November 5th.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

snowgetter1
10-27-2018, 12:26 AM
I got an email back finally.... an auto reply email saying he will be back November 5th.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk:peace:
I got the same one!

eddiesindian
10-27-2018, 01:37 AM
I've come to the conclusion that it's just not worth the wait. I'll gladly pay t he extra $ for barrels that are delivered on time with better communication to boot.
Not knocking jimmies skills behind the lathe. His lack of communication for what ever reason equates to bad business. Last barrel he made for me was contoured incorrectly. He said he,d contour it to my liking. Just send it back. I advised him not to worry about it. I didn't want to wait anymore. Sadly, it's probably the last barrel Ill get jimmy to cut for me. I wish him the best.

Robinhood
10-27-2018, 01:51 AM
Bugholes is a great option for a competition barrel. There are lots of options for a good shooter out there as well.

Dennis
10-27-2018, 02:16 AM
I hate to hear all the above!

Jim's business grew very quick. He is an honest man, just overwhelmed with orders.

I know my comment doesn't make things better. One day "soon" I hope I will be able to help him.

Dennis

PS: First thing I will do is get my "subscription" active again!

I have read several post. My first thoughts after being gone for over a year or two, it appears "all" are having trouble.

I know competition is tough, it was an issue when I had "Accurate Barrels"! Getting good quality blanks in a timely manner has always been an issue, which is part of the problem with Jim (Apache).

Always increasing overhead, and trying to maintain a quality operation, and keeping prices down has made it tough on most Pre-Fit suppliers.

Robinhood
10-27-2018, 09:20 AM
Thanks for the update Dennis, Those of us that have known Jim, for me almost a decade now. He is a good guy that got overwhelmed. Anyone who has a good product in demand with little help can quickly get covered up. He has always done me right and I will always recommend him. This doesn't help the guys that have been waiting so long with hard earned money out there. I think the recent use of automatic replies is much better than nothing. My son picked up the last two of his 6.5 Creedmoor X-caliber barrels you carried at Accurate, and both are top notch. He has several projects waiting on Jim's plate to loose a little weight. I can't talk him into anything else.

volfan98
11-28-2018, 04:07 PM
Wow, and I thought that my wait from a July order was taking a long time! Jim had originally told me a month for my build, now it looks like I might not get it anytime soon. Has anyone been successful at canceling an order and getting a refund?

Matt

Dennis
11-28-2018, 10:03 PM
I am thinking of "showing" up at his home just to check on him, just a thought at this time, but may happen very soon!

BlueDog
12-04-2018, 09:46 PM
I am thinking of "showing" up at his home just to check on him, just a thought at this time, but may happen very soon!

Dennis, I’d hate to put you out, but if a visit would be easy to facilitate it would personally alleviate a lot of trepidation. No doubt Jim is overwhelmed, but a bit of communication would go a looooong ways, even if it vicariously comes from you.

Dennis
12-07-2018, 10:19 PM
Dennis, I’d hate to put you out, but if a visit would be easy to facilitate it would personally alleviate a lot of trepidation. No doubt Jim is overwhelmed, but a bit of communication would go a looooong ways, even if it vicariously comes from you.

[QUOTE][Thanks for the update Dennis, Those of us that have known Jim, for me almost a decade now. He is a good guy that got overwhelmed. Anyone who has a good product in demand with little help can quickly get covered up. He has always done me right and I will always recommend him. This doesn't help the guys that have been waiting so long with hard earned money out there. I think the recent use of automatic replies is much better than nothing. My son picked up the last two of his 6.5 Creedmoor X-caliber barrels you carried at Accurate, and both are top notch. He has several projects waiting on Jim's plate to loose a little weight. I can't talk him into anything else./QUOTE]

FYI, I have been in contact with Apache. I believe we will have lunch next week.

Let's leave it here for right now, and I or we will post updates as they happen. A lot of planning is involved.

Thanks for your support, Dennis

Dennis
12-07-2018, 10:26 PM

Thanks for the update Dennis, Those of us that have known Jim, for me almost a decade now. He is a good guy that got overwhelmed. Anyone who has a good product in demand with little help can quickly get covered up. He has always done me right and I will always recommend him. This doesn't help the guys that have been waiting so long with hard earned money out there. I think the recent use of automatic replies is much better than nothing. My son picked up the last two of his 6.5 Creedmoor X-caliber barrels you carried at Accurate, and both are top notch. He has several projects waiting on Jim's plate to loose a little weight. I can't talk him into anything else.[

FYI, I have been in contact with Apache. I believe we will have lunch next week.

Let's leave it here for right now, and I or we will post updates as they happen. A lot of planning is involved.

BlueDog
12-08-2018, 08:50 AM

Thank you sir.

1953greg
12-08-2018, 12:30 PM
delete post

1953greg
12-08-2018, 12:31 PM
full prompt refund here

Wow, and I thought that my wait from a July order was taking a long time! Jim had originally told me a month for my build, now it looks like I might not get it anytime soon. Has anyone been successful at canceling an order and getting a refund?

Matt

Robinhood
12-08-2018, 02:06 PM
Not knowing anything about Jim business with the exception that all his efforts that I have been involved with are quality, similar to Jim himself and that he has missed many deadlines. I think what would help Apache is if he gave customers a purchase order number. A simple spreadsheet could help him track everything and could be used as a reference of when the order was made, details of the order, the time-frame on barrel acquisition etc...etc...

That would make a accurate response from Apache to inquiring customers simple.

There are some good cheap and even free programs to help.