PDA

View Full Version : Never thought I would do it.

rjtfroggy
08-15-2018, 06:44 AM
Well I am leaving my Savage roots.
I was about to start a new competition BR rifle build and I was pricing things out and sorting them into order, when I saw a custom made Hunter class rifle for sale, complete set up including brass, bullets, dies, optics everything for less than I could buy my parts for.
So I am buying it. Now I will see if it is true about how much better a custom is compared to a Savage built for comp. .

yobuck
08-15-2018, 08:56 AM
Well best of luck with it. There dosent seem to be much market for used BR guns, and that makes a lot of sense to me.
Browsing around Bob Whites website can give an idea of how many are out there.

Evlshnngns
08-15-2018, 11:20 AM
What action did you get? Let us know how it shoots.

sharpshooter
08-15-2018, 12:35 PM
You'll probably find it's the swordsmanship and not the sword....

rjtfroggy
08-15-2018, 01:14 PM
You'll probably find it's the swordsmanship and not the sword....

I agree but the price was right. Kelby Kodiak, Krieger barrel, leupold 6x scope, 3 boxes of 10x bullets, 100 pieces of lapua brass, sizing and seating dies, custom BR stock Hunter class, all shipped for 2k.
I couldn't build one for that never mind all the extras.

gbflyer
08-15-2018, 10:29 PM
I agree but the price was right. Kelby Kodiak, Krieger barrel, leupold 6x scope, 3 boxes of 10x bullets, 100 pieces of lapua brass, sizing and seating dies, custom BR stock Hunter class, all shipped for 2k.
I couldn't build one for that never mind all the extras.

Good rig. Even if the barrel is smooth wore - out that’s a great buy. The only thing Kelbly’s and Savage actions have in common in terms of benchrest shooting is the form you have to fill out to buy it. Anyone who says different is full of BS. [emoji1]

yobuck
08-16-2018, 09:00 AM
Well all other things being equal, as for shooter, load, square and straight chamber, and (the barrel), how much improvement can be expected in accuracy?

rjtfroggy
08-16-2018, 09:59 AM
Won't know until I shoot it.
I wouldn't of even considered it if Fred (Sharp shooter) still made the replacement trigger for the Savage action.