PDA

View Full Version : Hinged floorplate

tnhunter814
08-14-2018, 08:36 AM
Good morning. Long time lurker, looking for some help.

Looking at building a 280ai. I’m not a fan of DBM and not looking for a blind mag either. Is there an after market or production hinged floorplate like the Remington 700. I know the stocks can be gotten just about anywhere. I’ve found where some 116 models had a factory hinged floorplate but it wasn’t great. Is there an upgraded version? Also, if they are available, where does one look to get one. Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

J.Baker
08-14-2018, 10:51 AM
Not sure who told you the factory one's on the 116's weren't great, but in the 12-13 years they've been offered by Savage I can't recall anyone coming on here complaining about them. In any event, if you want a HFP the factory Savage one is going to be the only game in town for you. The HFP and DBM use the same stock inlet so stocks that accept it are readily available from a number of sources.

As for where to get one, you can order them through Savage's parts department - just have to give them a call on the phone.

Blckwlf
08-14-2018, 11:00 AM
Not sure who told you the factory one's on the 116's weren't great, but in the 12-13 years they've been offered by Savage I can't recall anyone coming on here complaining about them. In any event, if you want a HFP the factory Savage one is going to be the only game in town for you. The HFP and DBM use the same stock inlet so stocks that accept it are readily available from a number of sources.

As for where to get one, you can order them through Savage's parts department - just have to give them a call on the phone.

I second this.

tnhunter814
08-14-2018, 11:20 AM

Thanks. I guess I had read it on a forum somewhere. Fairly certain it wasn’t here. I’ll give them a call when I start my build.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk