PDA

View Full Version : 110 Wolverine 450 bushmaster any reviews or any here shot one?

BobbyJ1
08-13-2018, 04:07 AM
My next gun is going to be a 450 bushmaster its between Savage and the Ruger Scout in walnut.

I know all the Rugers in 450 are very accurate at 100 yards but I am not so sure on the Savage yet. I would like to see a review before I purchase one.

Its strange because the gun has been out for awhile and is in stock in Cabellas, Dicks, etc.

Also is it a 4+1 or 5+1 I've seen it listed both ways. It looks like a 5+1 from the size.

GaCop
08-13-2018, 06:55 AM
I too am interested in hearing reviews though I'm considering building one instead of a factory built rifle.

J.Baker
08-13-2018, 09:08 AM
I'm considering the 110 Wolverine and a few other models for my next test mule. Really boils down to what the availability is from the factory when I put in my request as low volume specialty models like this usually only get one or two production runs a year.

BobbyJ1
08-13-2018, 10:12 AM
? I can buy the gun right now at several places. I've held one just have not shot one. So its not a problem getting one, the problem is not one person has put up a you tube review on it. There are plenty of reviews on the Ruger Scout in 450 BM.

I can tell you its 10x better quality than the Ruger Ranch 450, very close to the more expensive ruger scout 450. The Ruger is around 230.00 more. I can get the Savage for around 740.00 + tax and the Ruger is like 970.00 or so.

Bolt - Edge to Ruger but the Wolverine is not bad. Both better than the Ruger Ranch 450.
Stock - Edge to Savage Wolverine - The accustock has a very solid feel, not hollow sounding. Can be adjusted for check and pull.
Rugar Walnut stock just looks better but I don't care for how they flattened the angle on the botton near the recoil pad.

Weight - Ruger 6.5 pounds vs 7.2 Savage.

Accuracy - Edge to Ruger as the Savage is unknown.

Magazine - Edge to Savage with its 5+1 vs 4+1 on Ruger. Also the magazine release lever is bigger and easier to use than the ruger.

Ruger has a new 450 in stainless but its only in a plastic stock. If they offered it in the wood I think that is the gun i would buy.

Whitewolf7
08-26-2018, 06:21 PM
I have the scout version and I love it!

foxx
08-26-2018, 08:03 PM
Model 10 conversions are much better. Better, longer aftermarket barrels without brakes and flush magazine bottoms. Putting any more than 3 rounds in a bolt action 450 is like a slug hunter carrying a bandolier. Some builders advertise they guarantee their accuracy,