PDA

View Full Version : 7mm-08 accuracy

cmdc
10-01-2010, 09:09 AM
What kind of groups can I expect to get from my new Savage 7mm-08 once it is broken in? It has the 1:11.5 twist barrel.

BrentWin
10-01-2010, 12:03 PM
That question has way to many variables to answer before we even start to talk about the rifle itself.

How are your skills behind the trigger? Are you going to use factory loads or do you reload? Are you going to be shooting off of a benchrest or across the hood of your truck?

I am not trying to be a wise guy here but there is no way to say for sure.

I will say this. With good reloads, technique and rests most Savages will shoot MOA. Many will shoot better, some not as well. Personally, I have never had one that I couldn't get under an inch.

That's about the best non answer, answer that I can give you.

cmdc
10-01-2010, 12:22 PM
OK. I get it. What I should have asked is what kind of accuracy of which it is capable. To answer your question, I am a decent shot, but don't reload and have no intention of that at this time, because I don't have time. I will be bench-resting some, certainly, but it is for hunting in mountainous and other areas, so probably can't rule out off the hood of the truck, off-hand, etc. either.

BrentWin
10-01-2010, 01:07 PM
I believe that you will be very happy with your rifle.

cmdc
10-01-2010, 01:39 PM
That's good to hear. i know I am looking forward to using it. The 7mm-08 looks like a great general purpose round.