PDA

View Full Version : Getting a Savage 220F 20 gauge, what do I need to know??

Pages : 1 [2]

TheShootist1894
10-07-2010, 10:17 AM
Well got my new slug rifle yesterday, got the Weaver mounted up, grabbed some slugs and headed to the range. . . .

Hornady SST's were an epic waste of money, and I must say I am disappointed, I have never had a gun that flat out would not group even moderately well with a Hornady load. . . Wouldn't even keep 5 on a sheet of paper at 100. . .

Remington 2 3/4 buckhammers, God these make nice big holes! Im sure they drop like a rock past 100, but for less expensive practice they are good <1" at 50 yards just over 2" at 100 yards Not bad for being half the price of most sabot slugs

Remington Copper Solids 2 3/4" These shot very nice (and are expensive) 1.177" 5 shot group at 100 Yards

Will be getting in some 3" Federal lads that Savage suggests, and some 3" buck hammers to play with. . . .anyone have a source for Remington Accutips? I can&#39;t find em, and my dealer can&#39;t either. . . . ..

What ya&#39;ll think?

marku
10-07-2010, 01:03 PM
Ive got some 3" Accutips coming. Theres a whole bunch of 2/34 accutips floating around here but no one stocks the 3". Im going to try the federal load again after fixing the scope problem along with some Accutips. Everything ive read on it has the slight edge going to the Accutips. But every gun is different.

TheShootist1894
10-07-2010, 10:27 PM
Still can&#39;t find any accutips. . . . . . >:(

Fired the 3" Federal Barnes HP (thought I ordered the right ones but was wrong) they were not good, matter of fact no better than the 3" Buckhammers. . . .all told 2.5=2.75" at 100 yards. . . .ordered the right Federals today, but still no sign of getting any accutips. . . .