PDA

View Full Version : Different spacing for scope base holes?

Lee in Texas
07-31-2018, 12:27 AM
I just bought a Ken Farrel Picatinny rail for my short action flat back, because the Nightforce rail that I bought is for round back. The Farrel rail doesn't fit, either. The spacing of the holes from front to back is a little bit different. All these tiny variations are enough to drive someone nuts. Now I need to look again for a rail. Hopefully the third time will be the charm. I may ask if Farrel can just make one with different hole spacing.

Hector
07-31-2018, 04:29 PM
The pre drilled holes in the receiver could be off, or the Farrell base holes could be off. I have never used Ken Farrell products.
I like and use EGW products and have always been satisfied. I find their prices to be very reasonable and their website is good at describing what fits what.
Also, do you have something to measure the hole spacing? This would be a big help in your quest.

Robinhood
07-31-2018, 07:05 PM
Find a dial caliper.

RustyShackle
07-31-2018, 09:16 PM
I would start measuring like Robinhood says. Somebody is off the mark.

Lee in Texas
07-31-2018, 09:54 PM
Yeah I have dial calipers. I also called Farrell today. They offer one with the correct spacing for my action. If someone offered a printed "spotters guide" to different Savage bolt actions, I would buy a copy.