PDA

View Full Version : SSS trigger

10ring
09-30-2010, 04:22 PM
On the SSS competition trigger, after you get it adjusted to the way that you want it do you lock the screws in place with nailpolish or some thing similar. It's my first time installing one and it seams that the screws can move pretty easily and which screws do you do if you do or all of them.

Thanks

10ring
09-30-2010, 07:47 PM
WOW, I'm surprised 30 lookers and no answers. I thought there was allot of guys with the SSS trigger.

charlesL
09-30-2010, 07:58 PM
after installin @ adjusting i have put over 1000 rounds thru it and never has to adjust it,even though the screws felt loose enough that you think they would move.good luck with your new trigger

ctrout
09-30-2010, 08:05 PM
I didn't apply anything to the threads and have not had a problem with mine. Only about 200 rounds through it though.

drybean
09-30-2010, 08:09 PM
mine backed off once
i yest put a small drop of nail polish
on the screws were they meet the housing
the colour choice is yours

10ring
09-30-2010, 08:11 PM
OK thank you guys just wondering because they do feel loose and the directions don't say anything about it and just wanted to make sure before I put everything back together. Better to be safe than sorry

drybean, I think the wife will get made if I use all of her pink nail polish. Thanks

bodywerks
09-30-2010, 08:33 PM
Its not a bad idea to lock'em down. And while you're at it, put a dab of silicone or something on the hinge pin for the sear engagement cam( the one that sticks out a bit). Mine backed out just enough to where the cam wouldn't engage the trigger and I ended up with a slam fire...or whatever its called when you cycle the bolt and the gun fires on its own.

10ring
09-30-2010, 08:51 PM
bodywerks, thank you for the heads up and did you have allot of rounds fired when that happened? The hinge pin on mine is really tight and can't get it out with my fingers.

82boy
10-01-2010, 12:26 AM
SSS uses a coating on the screws in the triggers that prevents the need for anything else. The older triggers did not have this coating on the screws. I did have one time that a trigger pull adjustment screw backed out and was lost, and it was on an older trigger, and I did not notice it until I tried to adjust the pull weight. My other triggers have not had this problem, and they are older.

laportecharlie
10-01-2010, 08:20 AM
One of my SSS trigger equiped guns would fire when closing the bolt after three or four hundred rounds. SSS repaired or replaced the trigger. This was on an older trigger with MANY thousands of rounds on it.
Charlie

bodywerks
10-05-2010, 01:37 AM
Mine had several hundred rounds before the mishap. Don't know why it migrated but I know that a dab of silicone or even epoxy will prevent it from happening again...