PDA

View Full Version : new axis fan

charlio
07-22-2018, 12:55 PM
While looking for a varmint carry rifle in 22.250 I was in a local gun shop listening to 3 guys chatting about how the axis was a tack driver with anything u threw down the barrel. I have been a chuck hunter since I was 16 now 73 with LOTS of guns. i could brag about the expensive guns but what the story today is how the store owner told me about a 100.00 rebate on the Axis he had ( only one left ) in 22.250 was going to cost me about 200.00 in the end I said I'll take it. I used some loads I had for my 40xb in it along with an old Nikon 4x14 just to break it in. Cleaned and ready to hit the range I set up the Bull bag and sent 3 down range. When looking thru spotting scope I couldn't believe it, 3 holes in the size of a dime out of the box at 100 yds. You who have bought these guns without accutrigger know what a HORRIBLE trigger is in them ( broke at over 6 lbs. ). Now what do I do but order a Timney trigger and take a trip to Euro Optics for a great piece of glass. LOVE Swarovski but when chatting with the great sales clerk he turned me onto a Zeiss 5x25x50 varmint closeout and a deal on new rail and rings, out the door under 800.00. One of the fellows who I sometimes shoot with loves Sako challenged me to a shoot off for a steak dinner but all shots would be at 200 yds. Boy that steak was good haha. Congrats Savage on producing a fine rifle at such a fair price and MADE IN USA !!!

drybean
07-22-2018, 03:27 PM
Welcome aboard

ttexastom
07-22-2018, 04:52 PM
Welcome from northeast georgia

GaCop
08-06-2018, 07:22 AM
Welcome to the world of Savages.