PDA

View Full Version : New member and Savage shooter

South Prairie jim
07-02-2018, 08:27 AM
Gents
New member here I'm shooting a modified Savage 12 chambered in 6 mm Norma, my interests are long range shooting and load development.
I am a Novice reloader of perhaps 3 years now. Currently struggling with BVSS stock tracking in the bags so I'm looking for stock mods or replacement advice.
Regards
SPJ

drybean
07-02-2018, 08:48 AM
Welcome aboard

Evlshnngns
07-02-2018, 07:38 PM
Welcome
I am no help on on your tracking issue, but I would like to know more characteristics of the problem.

South Prairie jim
07-02-2018, 09:05 PM
Welcome
I am no help on on your tracking issue, but I would like to know more characteristics of the problem.
Characteristics
Where to start 'Savage BVSS stocks are only 2 in wide at the forearm although flat bottom they have a tendency to torque coupled with the typical heavy bolt lift of Savage rifles after a shot is fired bolt manipulating causes unsettling of the bags therefore one is continually adjusting prior to the next round. Time consuming is one aspect and target accusation is another. A bolt lift kit is on the list . I feel that a wider forearm would definitely help how to go about it is the question- modifiy the existing with inlaid rudders or bite the bullet and order a new more suitable stock .
Sorry to ramble on
SPJ

ttexastom
07-03-2018, 12:38 AM
Welcome from northeast georgia