PDA

View Full Version : reassembling accu-trigger Cabela's model 10

Jedomejd
07-01-2018, 06:47 PM
I've been bedding the action in a walnut stock blank in hope of ending up with a pretty good bench rifle. Even tho this is my first effort at inletting a stock, it is going amazingly well. The problem is reassembling the accu-trigger, I'm ready to cut for the trigger assembly but just can't get the accu-trigger together. The trigger itself isn't the problem but the seer spring seems to be the trouble. I've had things together several times but I haven't been satisfied with seer travel or engagement yet. Does anyone have pictures of exact seer spring placement on this model accu-trigger (unassembled pics would be great). It's a heavy barrel gun but not a target trigger, the seer spring has uneven leg lengths. Thanks guys for any help you can offer.
Jeff

Robinhood
07-01-2018, 11:05 PM
It helps if you use a drift punch from the other side. push the drift through the trigger hanger and sear, stop at the spring and work it through the spring's hole. Then pressing the punch back out using the hanger pin with resistance on the drift. You may need to work it around but it should go through easily.
For reference.

https://images.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.shootingtimes.com%2Ffiles%2F20 10%2F09%2Fstsavage_0813a.jpg&f=1

Jedomejd
07-02-2018, 06:21 AM
The seer spring in this pic looks to have legs of equal length, my spring has a short leg on one one, the long side is curved at the very end. My action seems to be notched for the seer spring and doesn't go between the trigger and seer hangars.
Jeff

RustyShackle
07-02-2018, 11:16 AM
Pictures?

sharpshooter
07-02-2018, 05:54 PM
You have the bottom bolt release version. The sear spring sits in a pocket in the receiver. You must place it there first, because the trigger bracket covers it. Then the sear is placed over the trigger bracket legs with the long end of the return spring between the sear legs. Use a slave pin to line things up, then replace it with the pivot pin.

Jedomejd
07-03-2018, 06:17 AM
sharpshooter you described it perfectly, do you have any pics to show sear spring orientation in the receiver or after assembly?

sharpshooter
07-03-2018, 11:56 AM
4964 The spring goes in first, then the trigger bracket.

Robinhood
07-03-2018, 04:01 PM
You have the bottom bolt release version. The sear spring sits in a pocket in the receiver. You must place it there first, because the trigger bracket covers it. Then the sear is placed over the trigger bracket legs with the long end of the return spring between the sear legs. Use a slave pin to line things up, then replace it with the pivot pin.

I was curious if that was the case.

Jedomejd
07-03-2018, 09:05 PM
Thanks sharpshooter. That's exactly what I needed. If I have any other situations after assembly do you mind if I post them here for everyone's benefit?
Jeff