PDA

View Full Version : New Stevens 200 270 Win Owner (yea!!!)

DaPhotoGuy
09-30-2009, 07:07 PM
I already own a Savage 110 (non-accu trigger) in 300 Win Mag so I picked up a Stevens 200 in 270 Win last night from Gunbroker. It says the Mfg Item Num is 17750 Does anyone know if this would take the flat or the round Savage 110 scope base? Want to pick up the bases and rings ahead of time so I can be ready for the range when it gets here. Thanks ahead of time. Now to read more post on this kick a$$ forum.

Oh, while I'm here, I plan on getting weaver style bases/rings. Do you think it pays to go with steel over aluminum?

Savage (and Stevens) are just the best buy in bolt action guns on the market. Love their barrel/nut system.

J.Baker
09-30-2009, 07:17 PM
17750 is just Savage's SKU#. Savage hasn't made flat-top receivers for a couple years now, so unless this particular one has been sitting on a shelf collecting dust for several years it's a safe bet to say it will be a round top.

ellobo
10-01-2009, 01:43 AM
If I were you I would wait until the rifle arives before buying base and rings. And I would go with the Burris Signiture Z rings. Waiting can keep you from having to return the base if its not the right one. Did that once, never again.

El Lobo

DaPhotoGuy
10-03-2009, 01:51 AM
If I were you I would wait until the rifle arives before buying base and rings. And I would go with the Burris Signiture Z rings. Waiting can keep you from having to return the base if its not the right one. Did that once, never again.

El Lobo

I contacted the seller and he says it's a new gun with the round receiver. I did end up going with Burris steel rings though. Seemed like the best bang for the buck rings out there. Now to slap my trusty old Simmons AETEC scope on this then it gets here. Love that scope.

Thanks for the help guys. I'll post pictures when I get it.