PDA

View Full Version : Savage serial number look up

quarterbore
06-25-2018, 12:18 PM
So I haven't been on the savage firearms website in awhile but they used to have a serial number lookup that would give you the make and model and all the pertinent information on the rifle. I can't find it anymore did they discontinue that feature?

J.Baker
06-25-2018, 12:57 PM
Yes they did

quarterbore
06-25-2018, 01:17 PM
Well, that was dumb.

strut64
06-25-2018, 01:32 PM
i Asked one of the customer service persons on the phone once why they did that. She answered that she had no idea. That reaction by savage is not inidicative of caring for their customer base.

J.Baker
06-25-2018, 11:08 PM
It basically boils down to this...

Savage is in the business of selling guns to distributors, that's how their business is set up. They really aren't setup or staffed to provide direct customer sales as was the whole point of the S/N lookup and online parts system. I get and understand the decision to stop doing direct sales, but they could have kept the database online so people could at least look up their gun and get proper part numbers to order from another supplier.

As for other suppliers, that's also where Savage dropped the ball on this. They really don't have any FULL LINE parts suppliers to pick up the torch. Brownells, MidwayUSA and Numrick's carry many of the more common parts, but they don't come close to having everything one might need.