PDA

View Full Version : Northland Shooters Trued – Savage Varmint Action

Pages : 1 [2]

Dave Hoback
07-04-2018, 03:50 PM
Savage rifles aren't just for the beginner or budget minded folks. To assert that a person is a fool for spending more that what you would spend on your Savage is like shaming a teenager for having sex. You build your own 45s. Some people buy a Ed Brown or Les Baer. Or those people crazy or just in a different situation. The commonality we have is Savage Rifles.

I drive a 14 yo old vehicle back and forth every day. I park in a lot with brand new cars and trucks costing up to 80,00 or more. I'm OK with that.

Were you answering me in this post RH? I’m thinking it was as you mentione building “45’s”, which I believe you meant is o be 1911’s. If so, you completely misunderstood me. Let me clarify. I haven’t a care in the world how much a person spends on their firearms, whether they build their own...do the work themselves, or have someone else do the work and buy them! And I absolutely agree that Savage rifles are NOT simply for beginners! Seems strange if that was to me. I have NEVER said anything like that! Although I can be budget minded minded, to a point(to me, I like getting the highest quality for my dollar), I’m certainly not a beginner! And I am a Savage fan through & through! Have been since I purchased my first rifle at age 18! A Savage Model 111 in 30-06.

In any case, my point has nothing to do with this. My point rather, was while the last post before mine was in favor of purchasing a custom action OVER any Savage action, I simply wanted to dispel the misconception that expensive equipment DOES NOT a shooter make! Like the first time golfer who shows up to the course with a brand new set of PXG clubs, full on Nike apparel with the cleats & even a custom made putter... and thinking they will instantly be the next Tiger Woods! LOL! That was the point. In case you were referring to my post. If not please disregard.:cool: