PDA

View Full Version : Magazine Compatibility with first Gen Model 10 FCP-SR

SavageBart
06-16-2018, 08:57 AM
I've searched and can't find a clear answer... Hoping someone can help...

I just purchased a pre-owned Model 10 FCP-SR (It's a first Gen from about 2012-2013). Doesn't look like Savage makes that specific rifle anymore and I'm looking to pick up at least one or two magazines as spares.

Was wondering if the newer plastic/metal FCP-SR magazines will fit? OR do I need to find some of the older style all metal (Which I think I see going for around 100 bucks).

Is there anything I should be aware of when purchasing even the older all steel mags?

TIA!

J.Baker
06-16-2018, 01:14 PM
First, don't use the "First Gen" terminology when referring to a Savage unless you're referring to an early 110 short-action (4.522" screw spacing) made between 1958 and 1988 as you'll just confuse the crap out of anyone who reads it.

IIRC, the initial 10FCP-SR's featured Accurate-Mag bottom metal and magazines.
https://accurate-mag.com/magazines/

SavageBart
06-16-2018, 02:39 PM
Thanks! Will not refer to it as "First Gen"! Thanks for the link, much appreciated!

First, don't use the "First Gen" terminology when referring to a Savage unless you're referring to an early 110 short-action (4.522" screw spacing) made between 1958 and 1988 as you'll just confuse the crap out of anyone who reads it.

IIRC, the initial 10FCP-SR's featured Accurate-Mag bottom metal and magazines.
https://accurate-mag.com/magazines/

AHC222
06-18-2018, 11:48 AM
Thanks! Will not refer to it as "First Gen"! Thanks for the link, much appreciated!
Also should mention that any AICS magazines will work in your rifle, not just Accurate Mag brand. MDT, AI, and even Magpul make AICS mags that will function with your bottom metal. Something like a polymer Magpul 5 rd costs around half as much, around $33.

SavageBart
06-20-2018, 07:06 AM
Wow, THANK YOU. Good to have more reasonably priced options!

Also should mention that any AICS magazines will work in your rifle, not just Accurate Mag brand. MDT, AI, and even Magpul make AICS mags that will function with your bottom metal. Something like a polymer Magpul 5 rd costs around half as much, around $33.