PDA

View Full Version : 6.5 PRC in a Model 10 Short Standard actiion

RyanG
06-14-2018, 08:41 PM
Hello all. If this question has been asked before please forgive me I searched but I couldnt find the answer I was looking for.

I want to build a PRC on a short standard action. The issue I see is that the current large rifle bolt head will not accommodate the PRC round and that I need a mag bolt head. Is there a place to get a short action bolt head aftermarket or factory it doesnt matter to me? What I found this afternoon is that the difference between the factory long and short action bolt heads is about .050 and the firing pin is not long enough to strike the primers.

Thanks for any assistance. I am in no real hurry as I just ordered the barrel yesterday so I have about 10 to 14 weeks to get my parts together

Thanks

Ryan

drybean
06-14-2018, 10:16 PM
PT&G

snowgetter1
06-15-2018, 01:47 AM
You can cut off the lenght of the long action so it will work in your short action. Had the same problem trying to find a short action mag bolt once.

Dave Hoback
06-15-2018, 08:26 PM
As was already stated. PTG.
http://pacifictoolandgauge.com/savage-bolt-heads/9715-precision-machined-savage-bolt-heads.html#/148-choose_action-short_action/139-choose_savage_bolt_face-mag_bolt_face/145-ejection_port-right/1597-add_bolt_alignment_cut-no