PDA

View Full Version : Factory sear on non-Acuratrigger

bsekf
06-02-2018, 09:43 AM
Have any of you tried to take the slop out of the factory sear on the old Savage triggers? Or just tried to tighten everything?

Every time I look at the sear and it's punched holes and non-machined pin, I think there must be a better way.

Bill

Maztech89
06-02-2018, 08:33 PM
Yep. I’ve used oversized pins made from drill rod. Only way I could get my trigger to a consistent 4 ounce without slam firing. In the case of my action the hole was just the right size for a 9/64” rod. Made a good improvement.

bsekf
06-03-2018, 10:19 AM
Which factory trigger did you start with? And, what else did you do to it?

Bill

Robinhood
06-03-2018, 02:25 PM
shim the gap between the hanger and the trigger.

Robinhood
06-03-2018, 02:34 PM
Here is an article that I did on one of my earlier efforts. I will have to get the work around on the photos...if they still exist.

http://www.savageshooters.com/showthread.php?41351-Trigger-Pin-Upgrade&highlight=trigger

Maztech89
06-07-2018, 09:45 PM
I wasn’t using a factory trigger but rather a Sav-II but it still uses a factory sear and that’s where part of my issue was along with the crude finish of the rifle basix trigger. I could do the same on my old 3 screws or accutriggers but haven’t had a need to on those setups yet. They aren’t as big of a P.O.S. as the Sav-II but also don’t go near as light so it’s a trade off I had to make for my BR setup.