PDA

View Full Version : Model 12 VLP same as Stevens 200?

dangaff
09-28-2010, 11:19 AM
Due to me already buying a stock to fit a Model 12 VLP, i will more than likely be turfing the barrel and getting a brand new Shilen 6BR..

So, is it possible to just get a Stevens 200 and put the new barrel on that and then drop it into the Manners 12 VLP inlet?

Or just won't fit?

82boy
09-28-2010, 12:15 PM
So, is it possible to just get a Stevens 200 and put the new barrel on that and then drop it into the Manners 12 VLP inlet?

Yes, it will fit as long as they are the same style of magazine (Center feed or stagard feed.) and your Stevens is a short action.

If you use the Search feature, and the FAQs section you may find the answers to your questions.
http://savageshooters.com/SavageForum/index.php/topic,10750.0.html

dangaff
09-29-2010, 01:28 AM
Sorry i should of added, i already knew that but the VLP is a DBM.. Will the Stevens 200 action still be capable of dropping into my Manners stock(inletted for the VLP)

82boy
09-29-2010, 09:51 AM
Sorry i should of added, i already knew that but the VLP is a DBM.. Will the Stevens 200 action still be capable of dropping into my Manners stock(inletted for the VLP)

Yes, if they are the same style of action.IE Stagard feed or center feed. If your VLP is a DBM it is more than likely a center feed, if you get a center feed Stevens then it will all change over.

dangaff
09-30-2010, 04:55 AM
Alright, sounds good..

Are all new Stevens these days bought 1st hand from a shop centre feed? or would i need to look at second hand options?

82boy
09-30-2010, 09:28 AM
Alright, sounds good..

Are all new Stevens these days bought 1st hand from a shop center feed? or would i need to look at second hand options?

All new production guns are center feed. Now it depends on who your dealer is buying from, and what is in the wear house, on what you get. It is still possible to get a older stagard feed gun.

dangaff
10-01-2010, 12:19 AM
Yeah fair enough..

Will i need to make any modifications to the stock if its a Centre feed Stevens? or will it just drop right in?

Sorry for repeating the same question pretty much but I just need to know whether to bother getting a gunsmith to change the inlet..

Cheers..

82boy
10-01-2010, 12:20 AM
Yeah fair enough..

Will i need to make any modifications to the stock if its a Centre feed Stevens? or will it just drop right in?

Sorry for repeating the same question pretty much but I just need to know whether to bother getting a gunsmith to change the inlet..

Cheers..

It will drp right in.