PDA

View Full Version : Stealth in 6.5 Feed issues?

DontRevMe
05-29-2018, 09:20 PM
Alright first let me say ive searched!!!

Anyone have an actual fix for the notchy feeding? I notice if i close the bolt slowly ill see the tip of the round hit the bottom flat area of the barrel above the ramp. My father has the same gun and his appears to do the same thing. Savage is sending us new magazines but his gun is brand new and mine is only a few months old. If i get rough with it it will feed, but it just doesnt feel right.

Seeing this with hornady match and american gunner ammo

icdbko32
05-30-2018, 05:07 PM
which rifle exactly?

I've noticed on 4 different rifles chambered in 6.5 Creedmoor that rounds seem to have troubles feeding from magazine and scrape what I will call the "feed ramp" a lot. The round needs to kick up in order to reliably feed into the chamber better which from looking at my different mags you can remove some material around the lips to do this through trial and error. Pmags in my savage 10 Stealth feed the rounds reliably when they feed the only issue is sometimes the bolt doesn't grab the ground from the magazine. The MDT magazine in contrast doesn't kick the round up and scrapes the bullet against the feed ramp hard so I play on modifying it to be more like my PMAG.

DontRevMe
05-30-2018, 11:52 PM
sorry, savage 10ba

Yeah I called MDT today and they are shipping me something to try, no idea what it is :rofl:
They also suggested polishing the ramp area