PDA

View Full Version : Mark I/II/93R: Mark ii TR

beefsupreme
05-29-2018, 07:36 PM
just purchased a Savage mark ii TR in 22lr. It should arrive in a few weeks. I used to shoot a Savage mark ii fv-sr and foolishly traded it.

Had just a few questions for anyone familiar with it.

1) does it use the mark ii magazines?

2) does anyone know what kind of scope mount it comes with stock? I also own a Savage axis ii... The scope mounts look the same.

3) I've read these are shooters. Anything I should be aware of?

Thanks!

J.Baker
05-30-2018, 11:26 AM
Yes, uses the same Mark II magazines

I believe the TR comes with an EGW rail, but don't hold me to that. If not, it will just have the standard 2-pc Weaver style bases that come on most Savage's.

Pretty much the same as any other Mark I/II/93R, so nothing different than what you had with the FV=SR you had previously.

beefsupreme
05-30-2018, 12:14 PM
Thanks. It's the two piece. I'm guessing Weaver... That would mean it would need Weaver and not picatinny mounts, right? Thanks.

J.Baker
06-07-2018, 02:03 PM
Correct.

If you have a picatinney rail you can use Weaver or picatinney-style rings on it, but the Weaver's will have a little room to move fore and aft. With a Weaver-style base you can only use Weaver-style rings. The reason for this is because the picatinney slot larger. Picatinney rings have a larger diameter cross bolt and it's often square where it interacts with the slot to minimize slop, whereas the Weavers are a little smaller and almost always just a round bolt.