PDA

View Full Version : Boyds stock and action screws

chola
09-28-2010, 08:20 AM
How much longer are the action screws from the wood stock versus the plastic stock.
I have new boyds pepper laminate but it states that i need longer action screws for it.
I have a Stevens 200 and just hate teh factory stock...thanks for any help

jgerrington
09-30-2010, 10:09 AM
I have the same question. I just got in my boyds thumbhole stock and the factory screws off a plastic stock don't fit. The front action screw is long enough and will fit, but the rear action screw is not long enough. Also where can I get pillars to fit this stock. I have pillars from stockeys and they will not fit in these smaller holes of the boyd stock. I have read about using light fixture rods, but was wandering if there was one pre-made? The boyds stock comes with something epoxied in the front screw hole but is not a pillar?

hunter540
09-30-2010, 11:50 AM
I called Savage and they sent me the action screws they use for their Thumbhole stock.

I got a couple of them shipped for $10.00

rjtfroggy
09-30-2010, 12:36 PM
For screws go to the hardware store and buy a couple of 1/4-28 x 1 1/4" and cut down to fit about $0.50 each.
As for pillars you will probably need to drill out the holes for the pillars to fit, not all that hard, just take your time and epoxy them in when done.