PDA

View Full Version : Edge stock

hoghunter84
09-27-2010, 01:06 PM
I'm wondering if there are any stocks that will fit the savage edge rifle. Does the edge have a similar action shape to a 110? I don't have this rifle yet but want to know if I decide later to add a nice stock.

Thanks,
Kyle

82boy
09-27-2010, 01:23 PM
Welcome to the site.
Unfortunately the Edge is a complete different animal than any other Savage ever made. As of right now no one offers a stock for the Edge, and I doubt you will see one offered for a long time. If you got the chance to change/cancel your order I would and spend the few extra bucks and get a Stevens 200. (A far superior rifle, to the edge.) The Stevens uses the same parts as a Savage and will interchange.

khuff
09-27-2010, 03:04 PM
I agree with 82boy, not sure where you live but you can pick up a Stevens for ~$200 - $250 when they go on sale. You'd want to fined a staggered feed if you want a LA (110/200) replacement, they have replacment SA centerfeed stocks (10/200). If you live in one of the sothern states they just had 200s on sale for $199.

hoghunter84
09-27-2010, 05:17 PM
This was just a question about if the stock will fit, not which rifle is better. Im not really interested in the Stevens. I've held and played with both and liked the feel of the Edge and it fits the bill of what I want to do with it.

I've been to most of gun stores around here (west central florida)and cant find a Stevens lower than $350-400. If I was to get the Stevens then I would just move up to a used Remington 700. I really dont want to spend a bunch of money on a secondary rifle/truck gun. The edge is $292 at my family owned gun store. Scope and all wont cost more than $400 for the Edge. The only thing I may upgrade later down the road is the trigger if I get tired of it.