PDA

View Full Version : Need recoil pad upgrade for a 10T-SR

Grallock
05-16-2018, 06:25 PM
Group,

I'd like to replace the very large, very soft and spongy/sticky original recoil pad on a Savage 10T-SR. Something firmer and much thinner would be ideal. I've been sniffing around the usual places but can't seem to find a ready replacement. Since the original pad is inset into the stock instead of fitting flush against the very end I'd like to find something that would not require making a spacer but can do that if it comes down to it. Anyone know if a drop-in replacement? For some reason I assumed some of the tactical competition shooters would have demanded something less wiggly and 'grabby' on clothes for the various models of synthetic stocked Savage rifles they use.

Thanks!

Robinhood
05-17-2018, 04:34 PM
That is a tough one. You would probably need to do some handiwork to get one of the name brand pads to fit.

And there is this
For some reason I assumed some of the tactical competition shooters would have demanded something less wiggly and 'grabby' on clothes for the various models of synthetic stocked Savage rifles they use.

Tactical competition shooters don't use that stock. Phil can speak up on this but Savages are probably only used in a budget classification. Ie...2500 total cost rifle and scope. They are probably only using the chasiss model or the H-S Precision model.

LoneWolf
05-18-2018, 03:11 PM
Well if you must stay with that stock I would look at the Kick-EEZ grind to fit universal recoil pads. You can get them in a size closest to your stock and select the thickness you want to set your Length of Pull. Then you just trace the butt of your stock on to it and grind to fit.

If your intent is in fact precision/long range work etc. The first thing I'd do is replace the stock.