PDA

View Full Version : Savage 220F 20ga Slug gun questions?

marku
09-26-2010, 09:48 PM
OK well first off hello. Im not new with Savages products but have a couple questions about the 20ga 220F. First off will a LA 110 rifle stock designed for a DBM and varmit countor barrel work with the 20ga slug gun? If not is bedding the factory stock worth it? Although known for their accurcy I would like to tweak mine a bit to get the most out of it.

I plan on putting a varmit spring in it to lower the pull of the accutrigger down. (im use to very light trigger pulls). Will the Sharpshooter supply bolt knob, and fluted bolt body work as well?

pdog06
09-27-2010, 08:42 PM
I am pretty sure the bolthandle will work, but the 220f has a larger bolt body than a regular Savage action so they will not interchange. Im sure if you call Fred though he'll tell you whether he will flute your factory bolt body though. Sure he probably will.

As for bedding, theres a guy or two on here that has bedded there 220f, but havent heard back whether it has made a difference or not. I have not done mine yet, but it shoots very well as it is so I may just leave it alone for now.

I do not think the stocks off a 110 will interchange without some fitting work. Dont quote me on that though, as I dont have a 110 stock here handy to compare with..

marku
09-28-2010, 02:53 PM
Great news guys!

Mcmillan is making a stock for the 220f!!!!!!!!!

I ordered one today. Its the M40 HTG stock. Mines gonna be in GAP camo with adj cheek piece.

So I got a EGW and Warne rings coming along with a varmit spring for the accutrigger! Now just a 3-4 month wait on the stock ;D

trappst
09-28-2010, 03:31 PM
I bedded the front pillar and recoil lug area on mine.....didn't mess with the rear due to the very small contact area. Can't say for sure accuracy was improved but at least it got the barrel centered in the stock.

Mine definitely has a preference for the Remington accutips. Either length shoot well with a very slight edge going to the 3"ers.

Dare I ask how much the McMillan stock is?

marku
09-28-2010, 04:12 PM
Well im a FFL dealer so I got a discount thru them. Honestly im not for sure how much it is. Its the same price as a standard M40 stock but I got few upgrades on it. Ill post pics once I get it all together probley in Janurary!

marku
09-28-2010, 04:13 PM
BTW they are sending me the price of the stock via email via 3 weeks from now. She was checking if they could do the adj cheek piece on the 220f? I dont see a reason why not?