PDA

View Full Version : Today I bought a...

tropicmaster
09-30-2009, 03:42 PM
Savage 110 in 7mm RUM. Yeah I know that is off the charts from what I have been discussing with you guys, but let me tell you why I did it. I paid $250 bucks for it! Found it at a local pawn shop listed at $320 and offered him $250. As fast as he was to say " sold " I am afraid I left a little bit of money on the table. So anyways I now have an action for $250 and if I can get a little out of the barrel and stock it will be even less than that. So now here I am joining the build it yourself club. I guess my first step is to order a barrel wrench so I can sell this barrel and stock. I will also order a stock, barrel, and trigger and get them headed this way. Maybe by Halloween I will have something to lay on the bench next to some of the killer rigs I have seen from you guys!

Eric in NC
09-30-2009, 03:55 PM
Be aware that it is in all probability a large shank action so you will need a large shank barrel when you start your project.

I believe you could make some money or get a nice rifle in a trade with someone here for an action (or complete rifle) that is more what you want.

ctrout
09-30-2009, 09:08 PM
There are LOTS of people that would LOVE to get their hands on that RUM as the base gun for a 338 Edge build.

BobT
10-01-2009, 02:48 AM
There are LOTS of people that would LOVE to get their hands on that RUM as the base gun for a 338 Edge build.

I would love to get my hands on it for a .300 H&H build!

Bob

tropicmaster
10-01-2009, 08:36 AM
This gun is now listed in the classifieds