PDA

View Full Version : Aftermarket stock for a Savage model 12 LRP help needed

coorslight
04-28-2018, 06:31 PM
I have a model 12 LRP in 6.5 creedmoor, I do not care for the HS precision stock,any drop in after market stocks out there that won't break the bank say under $500 without a lot of fitting, I shoot F-Class if that helps, thanks for any input.

RustyShackle
04-28-2018, 08:23 PM
What is it that you don’t like about it? I have a B&C m40 on another rifle and it’s pretty decent, but I think they typically get rated below the HS precision. If you can find it a McMillan that might fit your budget?

Sterling
04-29-2018, 03:31 AM
Bell & Carlson has a few models with a drop-in fitment within that price point.
http://www.bellandcarlson.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=category.display&category_ID=1040
http://www.cianperez.com/photos/d/26858-2/Savage_12_FV.jpg

coorslight
04-29-2018, 06:33 AM
I have a model 10 fcp McMillian that I like, can't really explain what I don't like about the HS, just doesn't seem to fit me right.

Nmguy
04-29-2018, 08:22 AM
I have one like the one above and I like it but wouldn't mind seeing pics of yours maybe we can make some sort of trade? Which HS precision stock is it?

Nmguy
04-29-2018, 08:25 AM
If it is the one that came on the rifle after looking around i know what you are talking about. Send me a couple pics though in case it is different? The only complaint I have about the B&C is the flat front, my bipod gets loose no matter what I do. I need to put a rail on the front.

coorslight
04-29-2018, 01:53 PM
If it is the one that came on the rifle after looking around i know what you are talking about. Send me a couple pics though in case it is different? The only complaint I have about the B&C is the flat front, my bipod gets loose no matter what I do. I need to put a rail on the front. It's the stock that comes from the factory on the Long Range Precision. I am going to take it to the range this weekend and give it another chance haven't shot it since October.