PDA

View Full Version : Magazine Compatibility with Tactical Desert

tarboroheel1
04-27-2018, 04:28 PM
Guys, I just bought a 110 Tactical Desert. The Magpul magazine provided will not feed half the time. What other magazines are compatible that might be better? Thanks in advance.

AHC222
04-27-2018, 05:37 PM
I've been looking at bottom metal for my model 10 and came across this from a different forum. This specifically deals with an Accurate Mag bottom metal replacement, not the new Savage metal in you 110 T-D, but it's worth at least trying and see if it helps.

A Magpul AICS pmag work but they need to be modified.
Towards the front of the Pmag feedlips there is a slope down, it needs to be more of a 90 angle. With out dremeling some plastic away it will interfere with the internal machining of the dbm preventing the mag from seating. It was seriously just 5 min of wearing the angle down enough to seat the mag.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/Precision-Rifles/Anyone-update-the-Savage-10-FCP-SR-magazine-system-Update/3-7055/

*If linking a different forum is not allowed a mod can please remove or let me know and I will.

And if it doesn't work I'd try any AICS mag, such as AI, Accurate Mag, MDT, etc. I believe MDT also carries polymer mags if you'd like to say with that instead of metal ones. Good luck.