PDA

View Full Version : BA Stealth Evolution Barrel Break in.

Brickies11
04-25-2018, 04:08 PM
Bought a BA Stealth Evoluting (6.5 Creedmore) a couple moths ago,haven’t had a chance to get it to the range yet due to weather, work, then back surgery. Once the back heals up a little more that’ll be TOP of my to do list. 1. Any barrel break in recommendations? 2. Is the “Tack Driver” I’ve read & researched it is ??

SageRat Shooter
04-25-2018, 04:19 PM
typical break in procedure is: shoot 1 shot and clean (x5), shoot 5 shots and clean (x 3)... You can then do a 10 string if you wanted... but you're pretty good after the first 2 steps. As for the tack driver I have no idea... My 260 is pretty darn accurate 1/4 MOA @ 450 yards so far (hand loads though)... You should have similar results.

zloe
04-25-2018, 07:14 PM
What does your cleaning procedure involve during break in?

SageRat Shooter
04-26-2018, 10:19 AM
What does your cleaning procedure involve during break in?

I'm guessing this was directed towards me...? I use an ULTRA jag and the cotton fiber patches, and Hoppies #9 as well as Butch's bore shine. I use the Butch's first to get the copper fouling out (let it sit in the barrel for about 5 minutes, (but NO LONGER than that) and then clean it all out with the Hoppies.

This is just what I do, I bet there will be a few others that have different processes though.

zloe
04-29-2018, 01:18 PM
Thanks. Would love to hear some opinions on how to do this...

snowgetter1
04-29-2018, 08:06 PM
100 different ways and discussion about this. I just shoot them as munch as I want then completely clean at home. As much as I want is usually about 50 rounds. After that I do not clean again until accuracy starts to slip. Basically, do whatever you think is good or makes you feel good. Love to clean gun barrels have at it. I personally don't like to clean barrels continuously.