PDA

View Full Version : Savage 24: Stevens 22-410 firing pin

nnero
04-17-2018, 09:10 AM
I am giving some TLC to an old stevens 22-410 thats been in the family since new. I removed the .22 firing pin to replace the little spring. I cant get the darn pin back in. Its like its exactly the same size as the hole. Do I need to simply angle and push it just right or does the hammer need to be removed? I know it sound silly but its driving me nuts. Thanks

Big Al1
04-17-2018, 09:47 AM
The edge of the pin may have peened over a little bit when you took it out. You may feel a little burr in the area. File the pin round again and make sure the holes line up and check for any burrs around the hole, too.

nnero
04-17-2018, 10:18 AM
Ok thanks. I already cleaned it up a little bit. I will file it a bit more. I remember the pin coming out easy...The tennite stock and forend are being replaced as well. Its going to look weird with new stocks and old worn out bluing. I will do an update thread with pictures once I get further along in the project.

sote
04-17-2018, 02:18 PM
Wanted to know what you plan on doin with the old tennite stock and forearm. Just to let you know if they are not broken ; someone out there may be interested in them. They are hard to come by.