PDA

View Full Version : old 3 screw trigger

zloe
04-03-2018, 01:04 AM
Where to get a replacement sear?
or trigger?

I have a 3 screw trigger with what looks like some wear/home gunsmithing work. The trigger feels good actually, light and crisp, but I noticed that the sear notch is non-existent and the piece of metal that catches and releases on the sear notch is rounded. looks like a recipe for disaster.

Muddly
04-03-2018, 11:34 AM
You might try Gun Parts Corp. ( Numrich). The sear shouldn't be too much trouble, but if a 3 screw factory isn't available, you might try a Timney. Looks just like the 3 screw. All steel too.

Zero333
04-03-2018, 02:40 PM
You'll have to call Savage with your serial # and they'll ship you one. They'll usually e-mail you something to sign or they wont ship it.

There is a way to fix the sear if it's rounded, but you have to know what you are doing with mini-files and stones.

zloe
04-03-2018, 03:17 PM
You'll have to call Savage with your serial # and they'll ship you one. They'll usually e-mail you something to sign or they wont ship it.

There is a way to fix the sear if it's rounded, but you have to know what you are doing with mini-files and stones.

Which I don't want to mess with. Gun works as is, but accidental discharge isnt something I want to be dealing with...

Zero333
04-03-2018, 11:07 PM
I been looking for top bolt release sears lately and have not found any except from Savage directly. They stopped selling certain parts to other dealers. Savage is the only option I can think of.

hereinaz
04-04-2018, 10:30 AM
Savage is the only place for sears, unless you can find a used one. I know cause I looked and looked.

Post a want to buy ad in the forum, someone may have one.

Timney is better than a three screw, has more adjustability.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

zloe
04-04-2018, 07:05 PM
Maybe I should make a new thread for this but, what's everyone's preference for aftermarket trigger?
Rifle basix ?
Timney?

drybean
04-04-2018, 07:32 PM
SSS Trigger

ROSIN_JAW
04-04-2018, 08:28 PM
These were in stock the other day but it looks like it's a no go now. Just my luck I was wanting to order 2-3 and try to get this rifle basix trigger to work right. Someone really needs to come up with something different. I think I'll try a Jard and see if it's any better because it comes with its own sear. https://www.gunpartscorp.com/products/139590F

ROSIN_JAW
04-04-2018, 08:30 PM
SSS Trigger

Where to order? So maybe I can mail my rifle basix back to them and they can keep my money.

drybean
04-04-2018, 10:12 PM
Tactical works shows them in stock

zloe
04-04-2018, 10:16 PM
Sss - sharp shooter supply I believe. Ive seen a couple places where they are highly recommended. Can tune them down to a very low trigger pull.

However, I went to their website and found that the trigger they offer is discontinued?
https://www.sharpshootersupply.com

And this will be going into a hunting rifle. So stock 3 screw will likely work for me unless upgrading the trigger is close to the same price.

zloe
04-04-2018, 10:18 PM
Where to order? So maybe I can mail my rifle basix back to them and they can keep my money.
What do you not like about the RB trigger? I've seen good stuff about them. I have one (sear) on my 93r17 and love it.

ROSIN_JAW
04-04-2018, 11:52 PM
Just wasn't what I expected for the money and it's creep or slam fire. No response from RB to my email. My 3 screw was just as good. I ordered a SSS so now we will see how that works. I tried to order one before I ordered the RB but couldn't find them.

ROSIN_JAW
04-04-2018, 11:54 PM
Any experience with a Jard? Comes with its own sear so you don't have to use the stamped stock sear like you do with all the others.

short round
04-05-2018, 10:39 AM
I have a two Jard's & they are good triggers. They are bulky in size & may require the stock to be opened up to get one to fit.