PDA

View Full Version : Will Accutrigger fit older 112?

ROSIN_JAW
03-30-2018, 04:12 AM
I have an older 112 bt that came with the "3 screw" trigger. I installed a Sav-2 and disappointed to say the least. Creep or slam fire, take your pick. Thinking about trying a accutrigger.

Robinhood
03-30-2018, 04:22 PM
You have not done your work on the SAV2 trigger. If it slams fires or has two much creep you do not have it adjust correctly or your expectations are outside the parameters of a Savage triggers capability.

I don't know how experienced you are with mechanical things but I would post some pictures or state your issue and ask some questions before I gave up on it. That is a quality trigger that 99 percent of the owners are satisfied with. The forum members may be able to solve your problem if the guys at Rifle Basix can't. The accutrigger is garbage compared to the RB SAV2. Give the barrel nuts and Savagesmiths a chance to help you.

olddav
03-30-2018, 10:25 PM
Agreed^^^^^

mnbogboy2
04-02-2018, 02:01 PM
Tried only these few but here's my rating from better to worse:
1) SSS (too bad they have been discontinued)
2) Rifle Basix Sav-2
3) Three in this category;
a. Rifle Basix Sav-1 ,
b. Timney,
c. Savage 3 screw with lighter spring wire
4) Early (original) Savage 3 screw (mod 110 1959-196?) style adjustable. [Good trigger, too bad they didn't keep them]
5) "my" modified accutrigger with overtravel screw added and "custom" spring
6) Standard accutrigger (adjusted light)
7) Savage 2 screw (with lighter spring wire & stoned sear & sear "catch").
8) Savage 2 screw (pretty much useless for me)

Have not tried a target accutrigger so won't comment on them. Also all my rifles are "hunting" rifles so competitive shooters may have a whole bunch more to add.

My .02,
Randy

Robinhood
04-02-2018, 07:22 PM
I agree Randy but as we all know, like everything else, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

drybean
04-02-2018, 08:12 PM
Tactical works has sss triggers in stock

ROSIN_JAW
04-04-2018, 08:50 PM
You have not done your work on the SAV2 trigger. If it slams fires or has two much creep you do not have it adjust correctly or your expectations are outside the parameters of a Savage triggers capability.

I don't know how experienced you are with mechanical things but I would post some pictures or state your issue and ask some questions before I gave up on it. That is a quality trigger that 99 percent of the owners are satisfied with. The forum members may be able to solve your problem if the guys at Rifle Basix can't. The accutrigger is garbage compared to the RB SAV2. Give the barrel nuts and Savagesmiths a chance to help you.
Guess my "expectations are outside the parameters of a Savage triggers capability" I watched the installation video WAY more than once thinking I was missing something. I'm pretty confident in my "experience with mechanical things " They respond to emails about as good as they cut threads and I've cut better with a file.

ROSIN_JAW
04-04-2018, 09:27 PM
tactical works has sss triggers in stock

thank you

Robinhood
04-07-2018, 03:48 PM
I'll give you 50 bucks for that junk! :eyebrows: