PDA

View Full Version : Apache Barrel

Pages : 1 2 [3]

BlueDog
06-24-2018, 12:06 AM
You may want to get a hold of him through he's order page

I’ve done that very thing, in addition to regular email. I really don’t mind waiting for a quality product, but the silence is deafening.

eddiesindian
06-24-2018, 01:23 AM
If anything, I believe what made my order come about faster I s that he didn't contour my barrel. He basically chambered, cut to 26"....threaded both ends and shipped. He does great work. Clean threades. The reamers he uses are to specs, at least for the calibers and barrels he's done for me.

BlueDog
06-24-2018, 05:17 PM
If anything, I believe what made my order come about faster I s that he didn't contour my barrel.

Well that makes sense. I requested a very thin contour and a couple extra requirements. I’m in it for the long haul and if mine shoots as good as yours, the wait (the long silent excruciating wait) won’t kill me. I hope Jim is knee deep in chrome moly shavings as we speak.

eddiesindian
06-24-2018, 05:55 PM
Well that makes sense. I requested a very thin contour and a couple extra requirements. I’m in it for the long haul and if mine shoots as good as yours, the wait (the long silent excruciating wait) won’t kill me. I hope Jim is knee deep in chrome moly shavings as we speak.
Lolol

Robot
09-23-2018, 06:00 PM
I know it's been awhile since I've posted in this thread, but i thought I'd give an update. Robinhood, thank you for the advice regarding working on the threads. I ended up shipping the barrel back to Jim at Apache. He worked on the threads and the barrel threads nicely onto the action now. It took about 2 months to get the barrel returned though. Also, he neglected to reimburse the return shipping costs like we had discussed, but at least I have a barrel I can use now. Hopefully it's a shooter.

eddiesindian
09-24-2018, 12:35 AM
Good news I see. Its a surprise he didn't keep his word as far as the shipping. I'm sure it'll be a shooter once you find the load it likes. He made a mistake on the contour on my barrel. Once I advised him of his mistake he offered to cut the barrel to my specs but I opted to leave it as is. I didn't want to hassle with shipping cost and wait times.

Robot
10-04-2018, 05:33 PM
To give another update. I did send Jim a message regarding the missing reimbursement of the shipping costs. Once reminded, he did send me the funds with no issue. He is an honest guy who will keep his word, he just seems to be on the disorganized side and needs to be reminded of things in order for them to get done. The barrel installed with no issue once I received it back from him. Now to work up a load. To anyone out there still waiting on an order from Jim at Apache I would encourage you to give him a call or email. You may have to try several times to get in touch with him, but once you do he'll try to get you taken care of. It seems that he can just move kind of slow with getting things done.

tallsdyotehunter
11-27-2018, 06:14 PM
anyone out there chamber 6.5-06Ai

scooterf79
11-27-2018, 07:41 PM
I've got one from Apache chambered in that very round. But I can't tell you much yet as I've only fireformed about 10rd. It's a 26in 8 twist green mtn barrel ohh and it's a remage.