PDA

View Full Version : bedding axis and boyds?

ohihunter2014
03-13-2018, 05:55 PM
First I would like to ask what your thoughts are on a Boyds classic for a woodchuck and bench rifle? I also want to hear your thoughts on bedding this both pillars and glass for my axis 223rem Hb. I am debating on getting the V3 tactical pillars and mag clip and figured glass bed it also. I am planning on shooting 300yard matches with it and just looking to see what you guys did to your and what you think about the classic stock.

godale
03-13-2018, 05:58 PM
I got the same stock and same rifle combo . I was told to put it together and shoot it first

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ohihunter2014
03-13-2018, 06:53 PM
I got the same stock and same rifle combo . I was told to put it together and shoot it first

do you like the classic stock?

I tried a prairie hunter and didn't like it so sent it back. Way too much drop in the stock for the bench and prone.

godale
03-13-2018, 06:54 PM
I have friends who have them , out of s the one I shot and felt I like the classic the best . Not a fan of the thumb holes but to each their own

CrazyHorse_7.62
03-14-2018, 12:47 AM
Most all precision rifles are bedded. If you center the rifle in the stock and tourqe it you’ll most likely be fine. However, any movement down the road can result in a movement down the range. A properly bedded stock helps to prevent any movement. It’s cheap, not that hard to do , and nobody ever said “wish I didn’t bed it”..

SageRat Shooter
03-14-2018, 09:57 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4PVPw_2VQE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UK3g81i6-so

Watch both of these vids before you start... I watched them before I did my pillars and my bedding job... The trigger assembly on the axis creates some headaches. I believe the second video might touch on having to remove to trigger assembly before glass bedding.

Also, Just go down to Lowe's or hardware store and by a 1" long steel spacer that is 3/8" diameter and one spacer that is .5" long also 3/8". the .5 spacer will work perfectly for your front pillar, the 1" spacer has to be ground off just a tad to be perfect for the rear pillar.