PDA

View Full Version : 110 Tactical Magazine question

trailman
03-11-2018, 05:08 PM
Just got the above. Will magpul AICS mags fit this rifle? Want to pick up three extras.

Zero333
03-11-2018, 11:56 PM
Unless it came with AICS pattern magazine, then no you can't just shove a aics magazine in the Savage bottom metal.

If your rifle comes with a 4 round Savage magazine, your options are to either get the Savage made 10 round magazine or you need to replace the bottom metal to one that's for AICS pattern magazines.

trailman
03-12-2018, 09:07 AM
FWIW I talked to savage and yes this rifle takes Magpul AICS style mags.

J.Baker
03-13-2018, 04:36 PM
FWIW I talked to savage and yes this rifle takes Magpul AICS style mags.

I would question that as the phone jockey's at Savage aren't always up to snuff on what's what.

The description on the 110 Tactical page of Savage's website doesn't say Magpul AICS magazine like it does for other models that come with it (110 Scout for example). The photo's and video on the page show Savage's proprietary 10rd magazine.

Easy enough to tell what you need by looking at the magazine that came with your rifle. If it's a Magpul magazine it will say Magpul on it. If it's the Savage magazine it won't.

Mbonadio
03-13-2018, 10:27 PM
I would like to know also. My 110 tactical should arrive early next week.. and I can't wait.

Saw this online description on truthaboutguns which says it's compatible.. cant confirm it yet and am a Savage neophyte.. lol.

110 Tactical
The Model 110 Tactical is a proven member of Savage’s Tactical Series that comes in right- and left-hand versions. Both are suppressor-ready and fitted with a heavy, fluted, 24-inch barrel ideal for extreme accuracy in all conditions. A 20-inch barrel is also available in right hand only. Added features include three sling swivel studs, a one-piece scope mount, an oversize tactical bolt handle, and an AICS-compatible, 10-round detachable polymer magazine. Available in 308 Win.

I would question that as the phone jockey's at Savage aren't always up to snuff on what's what.

The description on the 110 Tactical page of Savage's website doesn't say Magpul AICS magazine like it does for other models that come with it (110 Scout for example). The photo's and video on the page show Savage's proprietary 10rd magazine.

Easy enough to tell what you need by looking at the magazine that came with your rifle. If it's a Magpul magazine it will say Magpul on it. If it's the Savage magazine it won't.

J.Baker
03-15-2018, 09:05 PM
From my contact at Savage:

A small number of first production 110 Tactical models were shipped with the Savage pattern bottom metal/magazine.

Going forward, all the 110 Tactical models will have the AICS bottom metal and magazine. If a customer has a rifle with the Savage style magazine, they can reach out to Customer Service, and arrange for rifle return to Savage, and installation of the AICS bottom metal/magazine.

rjsixgun
03-18-2018, 07:10 PM
Does anyone know who is making the bottom metal for the new models? They look totally different from the older ai bottom metal???

Gregger
05-14-2018, 01:10 AM
My 110 tactical in 6.5 creed came with a 10 round magpul that says 7.62x51, it fits very sloppy and rattles when jarred. The hornady 140 ELD match ammo just barely fits, only real complaint i have of the rifle.