PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Central Ohio

Todd51
03-10-2018, 11:44 PM
Hello all. I am an old geezer but still enjoy the shooting and reloading hobby. I served on a suburban fire dept. here in central Ohio and retired as the Fire Chief. I spent the early years of my retirement bass fishing on Toledo Bend Lake on the Louisiana/Texas border. I moved back to central Ohio to care for my father. Since fishing in most of Ohio sucks, ha, I got more active in my gun hobby. I purchased some property in the hills of SE Ohio and with the help of friends we have built a nice shooting range down there using those hills as a good safe back stop. My shooting interests have been with any handgun I can afford and one Ruger 10/22 Target model that I have tinkered with. I am embarrassed to say I don't presently own a Savage fire arm. But last summer I and another of my old shooting friends wanted to give a .22lr rifle to another member of our group as a thank you for all the work he does helping the rest of us enjoy our days at the range. We settled on a Savage Mark II FV because Savage had a mail in rebate and the local gun shop had a sale. We walked out of the store with that rifle for an unbelievable price of $150 counting the Savage rebate. We put a BSA Sweet 22 scope on it and the package was just around $200. I didn't expect a lot out of that rifle but wow, was I surprised. Bench resting that little rifle when the wind is not a problem and you can expect MOA accuracy if you do your part. I have decided that I need a Savage MK II in my future so will be reading the posts here on what others have experienced. I sort of like the TR and TRR models but at this point don't know the difference in them. I will be bench resting the rifle almost exclusively. I am looking forward to a good time here.

ttexastom
03-11-2018, 01:01 AM
Welcome to the forum from northeast georgia

drybean
03-11-2018, 10:59 AM
Welcome aboard

Phranque
03-11-2018, 11:28 AM
Welcome from SW Ohio

big honkin jeep
03-11-2018, 05:05 PM
Welcome

J.Baker
03-12-2018, 01:49 PM
Welcome from NW Ohio. Definitely consider the newer B-Series bolt-action rimfire rifles as they have many excellent upgrades over the Mark II's (coned breech for better extraction reliability, rotary magazine, better stock, etc).

ragsflh
03-13-2018, 03:56 PM
howdy

Todd51
03-18-2018, 12:15 PM
Thank you J. Baker for the advice.