PDA

View Full Version : Accu Trigger Springs

PaddyD
03-06-2018, 06:30 PM
Does anyone know if there is a difference between the Accu Target and LRPV trigger springs? Will a target trigger spring make the LRPV accu trigger lighter?

celltech
03-06-2018, 06:49 PM
I believe the LRPV already has the lightest stock target trigger there is (red bladed version). Just how low are you trying for?

PaddyD
03-06-2018, 08:00 PM
As low as possible. My LRPV is one of the earlier rifles they produced. non fluted barrel and it's HEAVY.. Strictly a bench gun and walking around safety not a concern. I was wondering whether the adjusting spring was different between the varmint and target models. I've seen articles where people have cut the existing springs to lighten, but I'd rather not do that type of experimenting. I guess what I'm getting at is the difference between my trigger assembly and the target model trigger that spring or are there other differences that give the target model a lighter pull? The actions on the two seem to be the same as far as I can tell.

Robinhood
03-06-2018, 09:39 PM
Cutting a spring does not change the spring rate. It reduces preload in some conditions.

The target trigger has a different sear.

PaddyD
03-06-2018, 10:07 PM
Cutting a spring does not change the spring rate. It reduces preload in some conditions.

The target trigger has a different sear.

Ah... Let me guess.. Savage probably will not sell me a sear... Right?? I was looking at the Sharp Shooter Supply competition trigger, but they tell me they do not have any available. Hopefully they will soon. The price is right on that one.

Swissfan
03-07-2018, 05:55 PM
I have 2 or three rifles with the SSS Comp trigger that I really like. I have them set from 1.5 lbs to about 2 lbs haven't tried to go any lower. There is no take up or overtravel and are very crisp. I just purchased the Sav-2 but have not installed it yet, so I can't give you a direct comparison. I also have the Sav-1 on an Axis, great improvement for the Axis, but no comparison to the SSS Comp.

243LPR
03-09-2018, 10:26 PM
I just put the target spring in my regular accutrigger from Gunshack. Took my pull from 4.5 to 1.5 lbs. All my other Savages have SAV 2's and I really like them too,set in the 14 oz range.