PDA

View Full Version : Accustock recoil lug question

Dantheman
03-04-2018, 01:22 AM
I’ve been Googling info on the Savage recoil lugs and can not find the answer. Everything I have found has said the non-Accustock lugs are stamped and not flat. Is the Accustock lug also stamped? My Accustock lug does not have the raised tab for alignment and looks machined. I will save my $$ if the Accustock lug is a machined and quality part. Thanks

tobnpr
03-05-2018, 08:16 AM
Assuming you're talking about an Axis, wrong forum...

J.Baker
03-05-2018, 09:51 AM
Assuming you're talking about an Axis, wrong forum...

The Axis isn't available with an AccuStock, its only offered on 110-series rifles.

If you're keeping the AccuStock, retain the factory lug as none of the aftermarket lugs will fit into the AccuStock without a lot of trimming. If you're going to an aftermarket stock, go ahead and get a new lug as it will be longer and match the inlet in the stock and provide more contact area with the stock. Since the AccuStock has metal on metal contact it can get away with less contact area.

tobnpr
03-05-2018, 04:53 PM
No such animal as an "Accustock lug".
The lug is part of the action assembly, not the stock with the exception of the Axis.
I have no idea why the OP is referring to it that way, the factory 110 lugs are the same whether it's a newer Accustock or older one that's not.

want2ride
03-05-2018, 05:10 PM
The lug is part of the action assembly, not the stock with the exception of the Axis.
I have no idea why the OP is referring to it that way, the factory 110 lugs are the same whether it's a newer Accustock or older one that's not.Are you saying that the accustock recoil lug isn't different from a regular recoil lug? If that is what you are saying, you are wrong. The accustock recoil lug has parallel sides and is narrower and shorter, the standard is tapered, longer and wider.

J.Baker
03-05-2018, 09:18 PM
I have no idea why the OP is referring to it that way, the factory 110 lugs are the same whether it's a newer Accustock or older one that's not.

You might want to try actually educating yourself a little before jumping in and responding to posts you clearly know nothing about because all you are doing is dishing out bad information.

AccuStock Recoil Lug (https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1778238465/savage-arms-standard-shank-recoil-lug-10-110-series-with-accu-rail-steel)

Standard (non-AccuStock) Recoil Lug (https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1778698276/savage-arms-standard-shank-recoil-lug-10-110-series-steel)

Dantheman
03-05-2018, 10:50 PM
I am not referring to an axis. I am referring to the two different lug designs as shown in J.Baker posts. The internet world says the non-Accustock lug is stamped. I would like to know if Savage uses a higher quality milled lug with the Accustock models. The rifle is a 12fv that I am fitting in an Accustock

Dantheman
03-05-2018, 11:14 PM

Wrong. See J.Baker’s post

J.Baker
03-06-2018, 12:31 AM
The AccuStock lug is stamped as well. The only ones I know of that are ground are those that come on the Target models and maybe the Stealth models. It's really a non-issue with the floating bolt head as the slight taper on the stamped lugs is only a few thousandths.

Dantheman
03-06-2018, 08:46 AM
Thanks

tobnpr
03-06-2018, 10:26 AM
Thanks for the correction.
I never really regarded a tapered vs. square lug as being "different", they're interchangeable (even if a little inletting is required)- but I checked and I see that the lug used in the Accustock application is a bit shorter. Still apples and apples in my view, but I was incorrect in stating there's no difference.

want2ride
03-06-2018, 01:25 PM
If the accustock recoil lug was longer, you would be right that they could possibly be interchangeable. It is just not long enough to use in a standard stock. The reverse may be true with some grinding. They are different enough that they can not be used interchangeably.

J.Baker
03-06-2018, 01:46 PM
Thanks for the correction.
I never really regarded a tapered vs. square lug as being "different", they're interchangeable (even if a little inletting is required)- but I checked and I see that the lug used in the Accustock application is a bit shorter. Still apples and apples in my view, but I was incorrect in stating there's no difference.

No worries, and hope I didn't come off too harsh above as that wasn't my intention.

While you may view them as apples to apples, it's really apples and oranges when it comes to stock fitment and compatibility which is why one needs to differentiate between the two. For a standard lug to fit into an AccuFit stock you would have to either A) trim it down to match the AccuStock lug - kind of a waste of time IMO, or B) cut through the aluminum chassis in the AccuStock to enlarget the pocket for the lug which in turn would all but cut the aluminum chassis in two and totally defeat it's purpose of stiffening up the stock in the forend.

Zero333
03-06-2018, 06:41 PM
The stamped Savage lugs I've measured are quite square and true.

WidowHunter
03-09-2018, 12:36 AM
If I was doing a barrel swap could I use a accustock lug?
TY