PDA

View Full Version : Bell & Carlson Model 10 Stocks and Detachable Mag Bottom Metal Question.

usmc3439
03-01-2018, 07:51 AM
Hello!

New member here. I am a Savage enthusiast and I am very glad to be here.

I am aware of the confusion that exists when it comes to Savage detachable mag systems. Here is my issue:

I own a Model 10 FCP-SR rifle that came with Savage's propietary detachable mag system and I swapped the stock for a Choate Custom Tactical stock. At some point I tried to install an Accurate-Mag aics compatible bottom metal that is marketed as a replacement metal for accustock on the Choate and it did not work, since choate inlets the stock to match the inside contour of the factory savage bottom metal instead of matching the inlet to the factory accustock. I have had the rifle for two years now and I have no complaints about the stock other than it is dang HEAVY.

Because of this, I am considering a Bell & Carlson Target/Competition stock and I was wondering if anybody here has tried to install an Accurate Mag bottom metal on said stock. I assume that if the stock boftom metal inletting matches the one on the factory accustock then the Accurate Mag metal should work. Am I correct?

If you have done this conversion, or have one of these stocks, I would appreciate a picture of the bottom inletting to see if it matches the accustock inletting.

Thank you and I am looking forward enjoying the forum!

grouse
03-01-2018, 07:40 PM
Why didn't it work?

usmc3439
03-01-2018, 08:00 PM
The bottom metal inlet on an accustock is flat all around without regard of the actual contours of the bottom metal whereas the inlet on the choate stock follows the contour of the actual bottom metal instead of being inletted the same way the accustock is. So the Accurate Mag bottom metal will work on a factory accustock but not on a Choate stock. I am wondering if I would have the same situation with the B&C stock.

Insttech1
03-03-2018, 07:23 PM
What choate part number did you get?

usmc3439
03-04-2018, 08:48 PM
http://www.riflestock.com/store/do/product/26-06-01

Insttech1
03-05-2018, 11:00 AM
Thank you