PDA

View Full Version : Mark I/II/93R: Mark II 22LR

DLALLDER
02-25-2018, 06:17 PM
I have a MK II with a laminated stock. I have a couple of questions about the gun. Should the barrel be free floated back to what I think is the recoil lug, a round piece of steel approx. 1/2 inch in diam. that set into a cutout for it. Second question, what is the torque on the 2 action screws. I contacted Savage and was told 35 inch lbs but that seems awful heavy. Thanks Daniel

Froggie
01-27-2019, 12:25 AM
I have a MK II with a laminated stock. I have a couple of questions about the gun. Should the barrel be free floated back to what I think is the recoil lug, a round piece of steel approx. 1/2 inch in diam. that set into a cutout for it. Second question, what is the torque on the 2 action screws. I contacted Savage and was told 35 inch lbs but that seems awful heavy. Thanks Daniel

Greetings. Sorry to resurrect your older post, but just in case you haven't gotten any replies from anyone, I have an answer for the torque on the 2 action screws. I'd think Savage knows what they're talking about regarding their own rifles, but I agree that 35 inch lbs is too heavy. I'd torque it to 20 to start with, then 22.5, and not go any higher than 25 inch lbs. It never hurts to start a little low, it's not great to be too high when torquing action screws.