PDA

View Full Version : chassis for 12fv

dawson55
02-23-2018, 08:18 PM
Im sure this has been asked before but can't seem to find it. Also posted this question in the wrong section so I am rewriting it. What chassis can I use on the 12fv? Would like to build it similar to the stealth including the top rail. I can't seem to find info on what chassis the stealth is in and if any of them work with the heavy barrel. thanks in advance

Erik_J
02-23-2018, 09:13 PM
Im sure this has been asked before but can't seem to find it. Also posted this question in the wrong section so I am rewriting it. What chassis can I use on the 12fv? Would like to build it similar to the stealth including the top rail. I can't seem to find info on what chassis the stealth is in and if any of them work with the heavy barrel. thanks in advance

When I was shopping for a chassis for my 12FV, I landed on Masterpiece Arms BA Lite as the one that would get my dollars. I called them and asked a few questions, got answers. I since invested in a Tikka, so I never purchased it.

Here is a link showing the 12 action in their chassis: "https://masterpiecearms.com/shop/mpa-ba-lite-pcr-competition-rifle/"

Hoped this helped point you in the right direction.

lonestardiver
02-24-2018, 12:26 AM
The MDT chassis will work with any of the short action savages.

penna shooter
02-24-2018, 05:39 AM
Welcome to the Barrel Nut...MDT gets my vote.

65Whelen
02-24-2018, 10:44 AM
I just put the MDT on my 12FV, love it. Their new Gen2 has a longer forearm, big plus.

Mtpilatus
02-24-2018, 11:39 AM
Just put mine in MDT LSS

hafejd30
02-24-2018, 06:32 PM
I'll throw another mdt vote in. If XLR has one compatible with your action they get a vote as well. Also Mcrees, very solid if you like the looks of them. If yours is a 26" varmint barrel barrel like mine is I suggest getting one with a long fore end. Will help with stability when shooting. Also will control muzzle jump when using a bipod due to it being positioned further forward.

The more space between your front rest/bipod and rear rest the better your rifle will handle before and after the shot