PDA

View Full Version : Evolution of a F-Class rifle

Blackthorn
02-23-2018, 07:08 PM
In 2014 I bought a Savage 12 in 308 to shoot F-Class. I had been out of the rifle shooting game since the late 80's and saw this as a chance to get back into it. It started simple enough then I got hooked. The more matches I attended the more I saw areas I needed improvement. I realized to get better scores I needed to work on the rifle.
All my rifle work has been over the course of 4 years. I just finished my final touches to the stock by adding the cooling vents. Over the years it has seen bedding, barrel change(Criterion), bolt head and bolt body(PT&G), adjustable cheek piece and butt plate, Phoenix precision bipod, Nightforce NXS scope, Glades armory bolt handle, Rifle Basix trigger, Talley mount and rings, Lambeth bolt lift kit. I am proud to say that I have done all the work on this rifle. It shoots well and my scores have improved greatly. Now trigger time leads to better wind reading skills and brings better scores.
For now I am happy with what I have created. It didn't take a bunch of money to get started. I bought parts and pieces every season culminating with my most prized target rifle.

Evlshnngns
02-23-2018, 11:37 PM
That's a beauty, nice work. What bullet are you loading and how fast is it going?

Blackthorn
02-24-2018, 12:29 AM
That's a beauty, nice work. What bullet are you loading and how fast is it going?
Thanks.. I’m running Sierra 175 TMK’s at 2765 from a 28” barrel..