PDA

View Full Version : rifle builder??? any one no some good ones

b.butch
09-21-2010, 09:24 PM
I am wanting to get a new rifle,being left handed it is hard to get what u want. i think i remember reading on hear there is a guy that builds a good hunting rifle on a savage action. if u no of him or someone that might beable to help me please list him thanks

AVanGorder
09-21-2010, 10:17 PM
I shoot left handed also. Savage has quite a few Left handed calibers in their lineup. What do you like, Stainless or blue/matte rifles? Do you have a caliber in mind? Do you have a skinny barrel or a heavy varmint contour barrel in mind?

Adrian

b.butch
09-21-2010, 10:42 PM
25-06 or 260 rem. stainless steal with wood or lam. stock. med. barrel but like to get some spiral vent cut out the barrel tring to think what they call it again when the cut slots all down the barrel for weight to lighten a thicker barrel

AVanGorder
09-21-2010, 10:57 PM
I have a few fluted barrels and they do look good. 25-06 and 260 are both great choices. I would go with the 260 as the barrels last longer and I like the choices of bullets available for the reloader.

Take a look at the Savage website when you have a minute. If you are thinking of a custom barrel, SSS can chamber up almost anything and they do fluting also.
http://www.sharpshootersupply.com/

b.butch
09-21-2010, 11:15 PM
i like the 260 also but i don't reload, that is why i thinking about the 25-06 i would like to get the action and barrel and a stock and get one put together more or less like a custom one, know of anyone that does it

358Hammer
09-21-2010, 11:22 PM
Not sure when you are needing the gun.
First one to mind is Fred@ Sharp Shooters Supply. There may be equals but there isn't anyone better. Good people however are in high demand and I haven't heard lately what Fred's out time is .http://www.sharpshootersupply.com/

Another is; Centershotrifles.com
Center Shot Rifles LLC
5331 Second Ave
Pittsville, WI 54466
Click here for Map

Ph: (715) 884-2128
info@centershotrifles.com

Quite a number of good guys out there and there might even be a good one in your State?

Neal

b.butch
09-22-2010, 01:05 AM
thanks will check them out can i get the action's and barrels from supply shooters also

358Hammer
09-22-2010, 03:25 AM
They and others on this site have the parts you need to build mosy amything you want. Northland shooters supply has barrels and actions both new and used sometimes. Not sure what Fred carries in stock.
Sinman has some barrels and I am not sure if he has an action.
Centershot rifles has any number of custom and factory actions. I just bought another target action from Centershot.

Neal