PDA

View Full Version : Savage 111 Trophy Hunter XP Questions

Iraqvet2003
02-21-2018, 02:05 PM
Im sure this has been beat to death here and has been covered ad nauseum, but I have a 6.5x284 Norma in a Savage 111 Trophy Hunter XP. I want to upgrade the stock to one of the Boyd’s models, but I see I need to order parts from Savage to change it out. My questions are: 1) Is it possible to use a 110 internal magazine, and 2) if the answer to question 1 is “NO”, where can I find the parts to use the factory magazine. Thanks!!!

SageRat Shooter
02-21-2018, 02:11 PM
I ordered my bottom metal parts from Savage directly. You need the bottom metal for their "Wood stocks" ran me about $150.00 shipped.

BB68
02-22-2018, 11:44 AM
Im sure this has been beat to death here and has been covered ad nauseum, but I have a 6.5x284 Norma in a Savage 111 Trophy Hunter XP. I want to upgrade the stock to one of the Boyd’s models, but I see I need to order parts from Savage to change it out. My questions are: 1) Is it possible to use a 110 internal magazine, and 2) if the answer to question 1 is “NO”, where can I find the parts to use the factory magazine. Thanks!!!From what I understand you can do #1. order a bottom bolt release, centerfeed internal mag stock, take the plastic off the mag you already have and insert it in the stock. Anyone if that is not correct please correct me, as I have the same rifle with similar intentions.

g-land
02-28-2018, 02:40 AM
I have a 6.5 Creedmoor Model 11 Trophy Hunter XP which I just upgraded to a Bell and Carlson stock. I ordered Savage plastic bottom metal for about $20 from eabco.net so that I could use the factory Axis-style magazine that came with the Trophy Hunter. It is a much cheaper option than paying for the $150 metal-bottom metal. You could always upgrade to the metal later if you don’t like the plastic. Eabco.net and other forums say this option also works with the Boyd’s, Hogue, and Choate stocks. I am very happy with my Bell and Carlson.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BB68
02-28-2018, 10:49 AM
That looks like a short action bottom plate. Do they make a LA bottom?

g-land
03-01-2018, 02:00 AM
Hmm, that I don’t know...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk