PDA

View Full Version : Model 116 Weather Warrior

RMPCPU
02-21-2018, 01:08 PM
I just realized I posted this originally in the wrong forum...sorry, new to this.

Good morning. I am brand new to SavageShooters.com and I am looking forward to learning a lot more about my Savage model 116, weather warrior. I have been searching the forums but have been unable to find the advice I am looking for, and I am hoping someone can either answer the following for me or direct me to the right spot where the question has already been answered.

I have a Savage model 116, weather warrior, chambered in .270, which I purchase about 4 years ago. In my naivete I purchased it as my first hunting rifle without understanding what my likes and dislikes would be. It came with a hinged floor plate, which is driving me nuts in the field. I would like to find a kit to convert it to accept a detachable magazine. I think part of my problem is I am not using the correct words when searching both online and in the forum...any assistance would be appreciated.

johnnyav
02-21-2018, 02:10 PM
I just realized I posted this originally in the wrong forum...sorry, new to this.

Good morning. I am brand new to SavageShooters.com and I am looking forward to learning a lot more about my Savage model 116, weather warrior. I have been searching the forums but have been unable to find the advice I am looking for, and I am hoping someone can either answer the following for me or direct me to the right spot where the question has already been answered.

I have a Savage model 116, weather warrior, chambered in .270, which I purchase about 4 years ago. In my naivete I purchased it as my first hunting rifle without understanding what my likes and dislikes would be. It came with a hinged floor plate, which is driving me nuts in the field. I would like to find a kit to convert it to accept a detachable magazine. I think part of my problem is I am not using the correct words when searching both online and in the forum...any assistance would be appreciated.

http://www.savageshooters.com/showthread.php?55399-Hinged-Floor-Plate-to-DBM-Conversion