PDA

View Full Version : revelation 250 30-06 AKA Savage 110 E

colmack
02-18-2018, 06:40 PM
hi all!
this is my first post I acquired this revelation 250 from a friend for $100, it has a cracked stock but I think I can fix it. the one question I had is if I'm not able to fix it and I need to look elsewhere for a stock, would i have to get a stock that has a metal magazine floorplate like mine or would the wood floorplate like I have seen on eBay work?

Bruce

RustyShackle
02-19-2018, 12:32 AM
I’m not knowledgeable enough about those older rifles to give you great advice. I’m assuming this rifle has the more modern style bolt head? The mag well were slightly different on the earlier rifles IIRC. However to be sure about fit I would measure the screw spacing to start with.

And most likely the inletting will have changed for the bottom metal. ie it won’t work in a newer stock. At least to a certain extent. The most recent rendition has a bottom bolt release and is surely different than what you have. The top bolt release with mag cutout might work.

J.Baker
02-19-2018, 03:16 AM
Is it just a flat metal plate covering a hole in the stock? If so you can use a L/A staggerfeed stock with blind mag well. If it's a detachable mag (release button on side of stock) you're pretty much up the creek unless you stumble across one on Ebay or GunBroker.

LHitchcox
02-19-2018, 09:41 AM
Does the stock have a magazine cutout at the bottom or is the metal floor plate sitting on solid wood? You may have a first generation rifle if there is no cutout. If there is no cutout, a stock would be easy to find, but you might have to buy a new trigger guard. I have a first gen that was rebarreled to .25-06 before I bought it and there is no cutout for the mag. Is the rear sight installed on a boss (a bulge in the barrel)?

strut64
02-19-2018, 11:10 AM
Pictures of the mag well, bolt head, stock breakage, bottom metal and bottom view of the stock could help others on this site identify what you are dealiing with. I have used Boyds gunstocks which are about the best price out there but you must be specific about details.

colmack
02-20-2018, 01:46 AM
Hi all,

I think my repair job worked... I'll have to find a photo sharing site to post piccys of the stock as Photobucket no longers does that but the stock has the hole for the magazine but there was only a piece of metal over the hole and a plate under that the follower spring rests on maybe so western auto "Revelation" could have sold different types of savages?

J.Baker
02-20-2018, 04:20 PM
That was the common blind mag setup on Savage's back in the day.