PDA

View Full Version : Model 11 Predator

WidowHunter
02-18-2018, 03:24 PM
Purchased said rifle in 223 last month and loving it....almost. While the rifle shoots lights out and the stock fits me, it (stock) has a lot to be desired. Noticed while having a bipod on and a small twist of the grip I notice quite a bit of stock flex. I would like a accustock and was wondering if with some modification can i get it to fit. Savage says no that it has a different lug, but was wondering if there are any tinkerers that have done it. Not looking for a aftermarket stock right now. TY Pete

J.Baker
02-18-2018, 06:34 PM
It can be done. You either have to open up the slot in the AccuStock to accept the standard lug, or you have to trim your lug down to fit in the existing slot in the AccuStock. I would recommend the latter as if you open up the slot in the stock you risk going clear through the aluminum skeleton making it two pieces which all but negates it's purpose and benefit.

Bowguy
02-20-2018, 09:11 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe the standard model 11 Predator doesn't come with the Accustock. Having rigidity issues has been greatly reduced with the Accustock. The "other" Savage stocks are well suited to have additional support if plans are to use bi-pods.

WidowHunter
02-21-2018, 11:30 AM
Bowguy the 11 doesn't come accustock ready that is why I asked if it can be with a little modification. And as far as I see on my M11 there is no support for a bipod. With the stock torqued properly I still get enough flex to have the barrel touch each side depending on which way I torque the grip.