PDA

View Full Version : Removing trigger assembly?

daved20319
02-15-2018, 12:33 PM
Need to remove the trigger assembly from my new 12FV for bedding, it looks like there's just the one pin holding everything together. My question is, when I pull that pin, am I going to have parts flying everywhere, and if so, how do I prevent it? In case it matters, short action, top bolt release, center feed blind mag, aftermarket stock (Boyd's Pro Varmint). Appreciate any pointers, thanks.

Dave

Never mind, folks, did a little more digging and found the info I needed. Later.

Zero333
02-16-2018, 03:51 AM
Watch out of the sear spring.

There is one that flew at the speed of light when trying to put it back together. Never found that one. Good thing Brownells had them, so I ordered 3. Before I got it shipped form Brownells I made a safety pin work. And it worked nicely to my surprise.

bsekf
02-16-2018, 10:33 AM
Work inside of a plastic bag.

Bill

Harpoon1
02-18-2018, 09:38 AM
Work inside of a plastic bag.

Bill

That might work for a sear spring, but I don't think it even slowed down a M1A ejector & spring! :o Sonofabit...........

And always wear eye protection, made a believer out if me! :cool:

daved20319
02-19-2018, 12:29 PM
Thanks, guys, the plastic bag trick did the job, the spring popped out but didn't go far. Now to finish the pillars so I can go shoot this thing, assuming spring ever gets here. Got over 6" of fresh snow night before last, then woke up to 10 degrees this morning. Later.

Dave